Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Where In The Hell Have You Been, Chocolate Aspie?

Yes, yes, I know what you are all thinking. You all are thinking, "Wow, it's been a quite a long time since he has posted something. Where has The Chocolate Aspie been? Where did he go? I thought he was dead." Well world, The Chocolate Aspie is DEFINITELY NOT dead, he is alive and well, and he wants to apologize for those who missed him and his insightful posts. Although I have been temporarily inactive from this blog site, there are many people who have continued to check out my stories of struggles and success via The Chocolate Aspie Facebook and The Chocolate Aspie Google+ pages. To those individuals, I say, "THANK YOU!" To those individuals who have been inspired and educated from this blog site, I say, "KEEP ON READING AND SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT ME!" You all make The Chocolate Aspie who he is!

Now, as I said earlier, I know that it has been a long time since I logged in to talk to you all; I am sincerely ready to make amends for that offense. My last official blog post was on December 30, 2014, and since then, a lot has happened in my life. For those of you who follow the blog site strictly, you all did not know that on December 14, 2014, my great grandmother, Rosie Lee Sims-Patrick, affectionately known as Big Mama, passed away from a battle with pneumonia. She was 94 years old and the matriarch of my paternal grandmother's family. Two days after Big Mama's transition, I received the tragic news that my god brother, Rodney Sylvester Williams, Jr., made his transition. He was only 24 years old and his health deteriorated at a rapid rate. Just when I thought I had been dealt with enough losses, on January 10, 2015, my mother had to break the news that my paternal grandmother, Mozelle Jackson Bishop, transitioned after suffering cardiac arrest. She was 79. Those were three shocking deaths in less than a month and I really couldn't find the gumption to talk about them on the blog site. So, I decided to take some time off from blogging until I was fully prepared to come back...

Without a real professional and personal life, my life was going at a slow and mundane pace, until my mother suggested to me that I enroll into Job Corps. I was debating about going to Job Corps months ago, but there were some people who felt it was an unwise decision. They brought up the fact that I had an undergraduate degree and that going into Job Corps would be "going backwards." My mother, however, said that I had nothing to lose and reminded me that my late god brother Rodney went to the Job Corps center in Brunswick, GA and found employment with the city's sewer company. He ended up becoming my paramount inspiration for beginning my journey in the Atlanta Job Corps Center on May 12, 2015. After three months of education and training, I received a Business Office Administration Diploma on August 27, 2015 (I will tell you about my journey at AJCC at a later time, I promise!).

I must say, coming back to The Chocolate Aspie feels wonderful! I am hoping that more people across the globe will be informed, educated, and enlightened by my upcoming posts. I promise that will be more committed than ever to being the UNAPOLOGETIC and UNFILTERED voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment